“The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not ‘get over’ the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it…You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to.”
In this daylong, experiential workshop, I invite you to learn compassionate and creative ways to be with your grief and gain support in integrating your loss into a full, wholehearted life through yoga, meditation, journaling, creativity, education and community. You will be guided through exploratory exercises to help you make meaning of your loss and help you to remember the Truth of who you are. You will come away with learning how to honor your unique grief journey and pacing by listening to your body and emotions.
In order to take full advantage of the time we have together, please carefully read the following:
- Doors will open at 9:30am, we will begin promptly at 10am.
- Please wear comfortable, breathable clothing.
- Bring a yoga mat and any yoga props you have to support your relaxation (meditation cushion, yoga blocks, blanket, eye pillow). We will be seated most of the day, so please support yourself in whatever way you need.
- Bring a journal and something to write with.
- I invite you to bring an item to place on the group altar, like a photo of your loved one or personal objects that remind you of your loved one (i.e, jewelry, a book, a quote, flowers, fruit, crystals).
- Bottled water and snacks will be provided.
- There will be a 1 hour lunch break, and you may bring your own lunch or walk to nearby restaurants (Sweetgreen, Bibibop, Beefsteak, Panera, Subway, LPQ, Thai & Pho Bistro, Z-Burger, etc.).
Register by March 14, 2020. Any questions? You can contact me at email@example.com.
Please complete the Yoga Waiver form below, as this is necessary to participate in the workshop.